Back & Neck Community

Pain near my shoulder blade when I tilt my neck?

I'm a student, and I have a heavy backpack, which could possibly affect my neck. I have always had neck problems, which people always tell me originates from bad posture though I'm constantly straightening up when I sit down, and I walk with my back erect. This is a serious pain that hurts the most in my upper back and neck area when I tilt my head backwards or to the side, though it does not hurt when I'm facing forward. The pain is mostly to the right, directly where the right shoulder blade is and above. It is quite a large area of pain and I know I should stop working out, but what can I do to get rid of this pain? It's really bothersome and I feel it when I turn my head both ways and backwards.

** I do archery, but I've rested for a month when this pain started, so they should not be related, right?