Aa
A
A
A
Close
Back & Neck Community
11.8k Members

Question about herniated disk

About 7 or 8 years ago or so I had an MRI that showed a herniated disk in my lower back.  I have had lower back pain but not much else.  I started college in August of 2007 and started carrying a backpack that is probably about 10 - 15 pounds.  I walk up 3 flights of stair 3 days a week.  I am 35 yrs old and here is my question.  At the end of November of 2007 I started feeling a pulling in my calf in my right leg and it eventually started in my left leg as well.  Can a herniated disk cause your calf muscle to feel pulled and to cause pain throughout the calf???  My dr seems stumped.  Blood work is fine and my back x-rays showed the changes in the lower back as described above.  I can feel a little tingling in my right foot as well and sometimes feels like there is a pinching behind my knee.  The pulling only seems to happen after I get out of bed in the morning or after I have been sitting for awhile then get up to walk.   Does that sound like anything more serious than just a disk problem?? Do you think the weight of my backpack is causing me problems??  Any help would be great.  Thank you.    
0 Responses
Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches