A
A
A
Close
Back & Neck Community
11.7k Members
655225 tn?1226185134

SEVERE THECAL SAC COMPRESSION

Hello i recently had an MRI done of the limbar spine which i have had ongoing for a few years now and the doctors have never donw anything about it until this year. SWo far this year i have had pt,epidural injections, lyrica, musicle relaxers, pain meds and all of the above but surgery. So then i called my ortho back because i was getting weak and not able to get around by myself and my husband has had to stay home now and take care of me and out little ones. They ordered another MRI and it states as follows
At the L4-5 level there is a large central disc herniation causing SEVERE thecal sac compression as well as SEVERE spinal canal narrowing. Findings associated with moderate annular disc bulging and prominent degeneration of intervertebral disc at this level with loss of height and signal and mild reactive marrow change involving the opposing endplates. and minimal annular disc bulging L5-S1 and L3-4  CAn anyone please help me because the ortho all he said was that i needed to see a neurosurgeon right away and gave me a cane to walk with. Any help would be appreciated. THanks so much Laura.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches