Back & Neck Community

Serious ongoing back and neck pain.

I've had serious back and neck pain for around three years now. I'm an 18 year old girl. It is always present but becomes worse later in the day. Any type of activity can make it worse - from sitting and reading to exercising. I constantly feel the need to "click" parts of by back and neck, which I didn't do before it started hurting. I also have joint pain in my hands and feet. It is usually the worst in my left shoulder blade.

I've been to multiple doctors, but keep being referred or sent for tests without any promising outcomes.
Hi!
Pain that primarily affects the small joints can be due to rheumatoid arthritis, gout, lupus arthritis, osteoarthritis (unlikely at your age) or reactive arthritis. So, you need tests to rule these out one by one. Also, reactive arthritis could be due to allergic reactions. So, if you have rash or itch or food intolerance, then this possibility should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.