Back & Neck Community

Severe, focal, nocturnal thoracic back pain

I've been having constant, increasingly severe nocturnal thoracic back pain radiating around to the ribs for a few months, with it becoming progressively more severe.  The pain goes away during the day, but I can still feel "something" if I bend forward at the waist.  I had a thoracic MRI without contrast and there was nothing remarkable.  Blood work was ok, normal except for a very low hematocrit and hyponatremia.  I have tried chiropractic, acupuncture, and massage.  The chiropractor said I had "excellent" posture and I am very active.  There is no history of injury.  

I'm rapidly approaching the end of my rope- waking up in 10/10 pain every single night after just a couple of hours in bed.  NSAIDS and muscle relaxers don't help.  

Does anyone have any ideas?  Will an MRI without contrast miss anything?  
Your anemia and hyponatremia suggest a kidney issue.

Has your doctor ordered a urinalysis?