Severe back pain

Severe back pain, brough on suddenly. Decrease ability to move with out pain(sneezing causes pain) Usualy in lower back only. Pain extends into legs often, too. Pressing on thigh, or sometimes a spot in back helps. What are the causes?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Summer512  I know all about back pain as far as the pain I have a bulging disk in my neck and a bad disk in my back. the only thing I can say to you is have it check out by a Doctor if you havent already. And you may ask to be put on a tens machine for the pain. The tens machine really does help I use one and It keeps me off the meds. Except at night you cant sleep with the tens machine on so I take my pain pill at night only if I need to.

jbrk435
Helpful - 0
Thank You for the answer, and actually the back pain is my Father's problem. I did, and other family members, finally get him to see a doctor. :)
Helpful - 0
My father's back pain is to a highly severe point now. He can't walk or move without crying out loudly in pain. My mother and I took turns messaging his left calf were a lot of pain is shooting down. Near his knee I could swear I could feel the cramping. As I write this he is crying out, and it's just sad to hear and see how much pain he's in. His back is really messed up, and I just have a feeling he may need surgery. I know of a few spinal surgery options, but It's more than likely not near our budget which is really low. I'm terrified because I know he's in such pain. Is there something else that will work besides surgery or is there a way to get surgery with out spending a fortune, or like some special group that helps people who can't afford special things? Thank You for reading this :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Back & Neck Community