Back & Neck Community

Thoracic pain that increases after sleeping

Reached for box above head 45# while I was on the 2nd step of the step latter, took it down twisting torso to the top of the step latter 3rd step, right away a sharp pain happen and I could not take a deep breath. Iced right away, a week later I start having severe pain on my back, specially after lay to sleep, I wake in 3 hours after going to bed with horrible pain, upper, mid and side of back,can not go back to sleep. During the day the pain is there, can not turn to the sides, bend my neck down, but is less severe than at night, but still hurts, Pain upper back, mid back and both side rib cage. MRI and X-Ray back normal. What can I do to get better? I did physical therapy, massage therapy, chiropractor and now acupuncture. Any muscle relax, Tylenol does not help. I stretch at least 2 times a day. Any help? Never had this before, just started after the heavy box incident. This have been going on for 6 months. Any ideas to what happened to me and I can do to get better?
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. You have probably injured a muscle. The trigger points need to be identified and treated. Also, ankylosing spondylitis is another possibility that should be looked into. At times EMG/NCV is able to diagnose a pinched nerve that MRI is unable to detect. So, ask your doctor regarding this. This would need spinal manipulation, traction, physiotherapy, corsets and other treatments for pain relief. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.