Back & Neck Community

Three Herniated Discs, Sciatica, and new groin, upper back pain

Hello.  I was diagnosed with three herniated discs (almost a year ago).  I have had three separate PT's tell me that my MRI does not look that bad, but I have been in really bad pain.  The pain started in both legs.  It felt like I had two pulled hamstrings (they were so tight), along with pain going down the back of each leg.  PT didn't do much good, and I had an epidural injection a couple of weeks ago that actually made my symptoms worse.  With that being said, I have been having new pain in my groin area.  Its hard to describe, but just doesn't feel right.  I also have pain in the side area of my lower back on each side....where I believe my kidneys are.  When walking on a treadmill, the right side of my back feels stretched and cramped...a super tight feeling with some pain.  Is this all normal? I'm beginning to think that I may have an issue outside of the herniated discs.  Any information is appreciated.  Thank you.