Back & Neck Community

calcified cephalohematoma

I have a 3 month of little boy that I am the caregiver for CPS and he was born with this large bump on the left side of his head.  He was a c-section baby so there was no labor during the delivery.  When the mother was two weeks away from delivery she was beaten pretty bad by the father and ended up staying in the hospital for a couple of days.  CPS and I are wondering if this cephalohematoma could have been caused by the father hitting her in the stomach trying to kill the baby at that time?  CPS is wanting to make sure what caused this to the baby.  Any advice that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

This discussion is related to Calcified Cephalohematoma Removal - Right Parietal Region.