Back & Neck Community

neck and back pain; numb pointer finger

for at least 2 years i've had pain around and under my left shoulder blade and in my neck. it's gotten progressively worse, especially within the past 3 months. there is also a new symptom that i've googled and it seems to be related;;my left pointer finger has been numb for 4 weeks.
my question is....will this go away on it's own or should i see my doctor? i don't want to have to do physical therapy because my insurance doesn't cover it and we can't afford it. not sure insurance would cover chiropractic either.
I get the same thing on BOTH sides.  They said it is a herniated disc in my neck.  I also have degenerative disc disease, my back hurts all the time, esp. the right side.

But it could also be a strain or sprain from something you do such as an exercise.  The finger might be carpal tunnel?  I had numb fingers from that.