Aa
A
A
A
Close
Back & Neck Community
11.7k Members

needs feedback

Hi all! I had a double-fusion L4-L5 & S1 at the end of May this year. Prior to my surgery, I had my left leg burning 24/7. Now I have noticed that my right leg as well as my left leg burns 24/7. I waited 2 years for the surgery, did I wait too long for permanant nerve damage? I wonder.
Went for X-Rays two weeks ago, because I actually fell on my back-hard, what a dufus I was. Ouch more now than before.The X-Ray shows disc flattening in the L4-5 region with Hypertrophic facet sclerosis in L3 through S1.
It also shows a slight lumbar curvature with leftward apex at L1-2.
Did something happen when I fell? I have to go back to my surgeon in November, meanwhile my Pain clinic doc (knowing I fell and I hurt more) lowered my breakthrough medicine to only 4/day, what a jerk!. So now I am suffering major and my long-acting medicine just isn't cutting the mustard. I am a young 50 year old female who has physically worked hard all my life up until 2 1/2 years ago.
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated-Take Care !
1 Responses
Did your mri show any of these things after surgery or are they new?
and maybe your DR thought your meds wer to strong and contributed to your fall...
how did you feel right after surgery ? did you get better any period of time?
please submitt mo info
and god bless , stay strong
Have an Answer?
Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches