Back & Neck Community

radio ablation

I have had back pain for a long time, over 6 years, and a fusion 4 years ago. I Have many blocks, and 2 ablations in the past
My current pain doc has me signed up to burn the nerves and says i need to have it bilateral and within 2 weeks apart.
My questions are is the bilateral the way they do it now, in the previous 2 it was only done on the side that was having pain.  and the second question, does it have to be exactly 2 weeks apart or you have to start over?  I need to change my second appointment and the scheduler about bit my head off saying if you knew you couldnt do it 2 weeks apart you should have scheduled it so you could.
Yes, it has to be at least two weeks apart, because the insurance companies say so -- and actually, it's not a bad idea.

Although RFA isn't as traumatic as surgery, but it does take something out of you. Waiting two weeks to heal between procedures is smart.

Now, there's no medical reason I'm aware of why it cannot be 3 weeks.

So, ask your doc.