hydroco/apap

can you take a generic medicine called hydroco/apap , if you take  coumadin?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
unfortunately most pharmacists today are corporate employees and won't step out of the 3-ring binder.  (can you say Walgreens?)

you are speaking of Vicodin and I'm pretty sure it is okay to take with coumadin.  However, it would be a simple call to the Doc that has you on coumadin to confirm.  Vicodin is hydrocodone and acetomenophin.  it is the NSAID part of that I would want to confirm because it does affect clotting.  
Helpful - 0
You should talk to your pharmacist about potential problems with drug interactions. That is what they're expertise is, even more than you doctor. Since I get medications from three different doctors, I rely on my pharmacist to keep me out of trouble, so I ask her a lot of questions.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Back & Neck Community