Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community
310 Members

Burping after Lap Band Removal

I was banded in 2010 and my band is removed in Nov 2016. Main reason being that I had the burp a lot. Not only after I eat something but almost every single minute even without a fill. The doctor told me that probably my body made with a scar tissue tightening of the oesophagus. My removal surgery was somewhat heavier than the placement of the band. I was sick for 2 weeks. I am still having pain when I walk on my left side. However my question is about burping. Doctor said he removed all the scar tissue which was causing the burping. But 3 weeks, post op I still  burp. Not like before but specially when I eat something as if I still have my band. did my body make new scar tissue? or will this go away?
310 Members
259 Questions
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.