Obesity

I am obese at BMI 42, obs sleep apnea, non compliance of CPAP. Center obesity is main factor. Critical low on growth hormones-age 55. Suggest best and successful bariatric surgery without more side effects.
Should I go for LAP MINI GASTRIC BYPASS (MGB) which is most adopted surgery with less effects after ward and more this can be redo , you suggest
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi!
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) with morbid obesity can be treated with any bariatric surgery procedure, namely, lap band, min- lap band, Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, or biliopancreatic diversion (BPD). The type of surgery is decided after considering your general health, and other anesthetic and personal considerations. However, yes, BPD has been shown in several studies as the best procedure in relieving OSA, while adjustable laparoscopic band had the least effect.  Please discuss this in detail with your specialist.
Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Helpful - 0
my husband & I have just had sleeve surgery 2 weeks apart.  and we have a 5 year old at home.  We are both very pleased with the out come and it has been less than a month for me and almost a week post op for him.  we have had no complications and both of us 1 day after surgery have had to stop our diabetic and high blood pressure medicine.  I have sleep apnea and I have already had to lower the pressure on my cpap.  They ate predicting I will be off of it within the next few weeks.   I have a desk job and was back to work 4 days after surgery.  It does take about a week to regain all your strength but 3 weeks after surgery I feel like a new person.  And I've already lost 22 lbs.  we both agree this is the best  we made and wish we would have done it sooner.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community

14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.