Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community
337 Members

PCOS and Gastric Banding

I was wondering if anyone out there has PCOS and has gone through the gastric banding. My doctor has mentioned it and I was wondering if it helped them lose weight. I have been doing weight watchers for a while now and everytime I lose a few pounds they come right back. Thanks in advance.
I didn't have banding bc it doesn't have a very high success rate, but I did laproscopic gastric rny and my pcos resolved and we are pregnant with our first! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
I have pros and I have been stuck at 172-176 for like 3-6 months now and i workout and i want to fight lol its horrible and I take birth control like my doctor said she told me take orthotricyclin which she said wouldn't make me gain weight and would balance the hormones. I also have hypothyroidism which wil make you gain weight as well and I take medication every day which is supposed to aid in weight loss and it doesn't I also take Qsymia which is supposed to aid in weight loss the endocrinologist prescribed it. It is doctor approved weight loss pill. I was told " you will lose weight and it will be amazing you watch in 3 months 15 lbs" well well nothing lol so there ya go sorry I went off on a tangent but I'm just saying
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.