Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community
327 Members

help

I had gasric bypass jn 2010 I went from 360 or 350 to 200 pounds. I went up to 260 now im at 231 currently.  My anxiety about losing weight is high. So high I have panic attacks when I try to work out or eat anything. Im seeing a counselor n a dr who gives meds. Im borderline suicidal. Im fed up with being unhappy fat n these attacks.  Im trying to stay positive but its hard when all around me seems to be crashing down. My world is overwhelming n crumbling. My nursing license is messed up im just not in a ggood place. Has anyone had anxiety n or huge setbacks n if so howd u maintaim
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. Your problem needs to be managed by a team consisting of a nutrition expert, a physical trainer, a psychiatrist and a therapist. The psychological aspect needs to be addressed first and since the medications and therapy is not helping much, either take a second opinion or talk to your doctor about a change in medication. Once you are less anxious, diet and exercise modifications can be done.
Also, the possibility of thyroid disorders, adrenal gland disorders, diabetes, polycystic ovary etc needs to be ruled out as the cause of excess weight. If any of these is the cause then treating this can help reduce pain considerably. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Hi my name is Lisa, I had roux en y gastric bypass surgery in 99. I've had med problems mostly because of malabsorption problems. Now I have a thyroid problem. I hope everything worked out for you I know this is an old post. But I know what it's like to cry put for help and not really be recognized.
Hi. I also had roux en y GB in 10/03. I have gone from 302# down to 115#. I have no malabsorption problems. No dumping after eating sweets. I have within the last year having very sleepy episodes when I eat. Carbs. Got to where I don't want to eat. I stay nauseated most times. Usually have dry heaves. Last week I threw up about 1 to 1 1/2 gallons of brown liquid. Knew I hadn't drank that much water. This started 3 am and occurred about every hour. Felt like full and couldn't control. It was projectile and forceful. Went to ER about 2pm. Took specimen of what I threw up. It was + for blood. They put NG tube down. Tried to tell them my stomach was detached and nothing went in it.  Gastric juices would exit stomach and drain down re-routed intestines.  Nothing back from NG tube. I know the MD that did my surgery if we were to get cancer of stomach.. it would be too late by time diagnosed. I see my PCP tomorrow. I am going to request referral to GI doctor and tell him I want laproscopy of stomach done. Do you think this is necessary? I am worried and scared. Being RN (retired/disability)doesn't help either. Just know not normal the way and what I was throwing up. PCP didn't seem to worry. Sorry for length of post. Don't get response most times when I post which depresses me.
WOW!!!!  This is sure an old post-surprisingly since so many are opting for life saving surgery!!

I had my RNY gastric bypass in 1987 (Iknow-back in the dinasauer age ha ha).  Without the nutritional guidance provided now I was on my ownl  I was 303 day of my surgery.  /went down to 195, had complications and had to have a revision,  My surgeon had a plastic surgeon come in and do a consult right in my hospital room.  I had revision and tummy tuck done at the same time.  Hubbys insurance approved it.

With all that said, I am thankful for my surgery.  Its been 27  yrs ago.  I now weigh235 (I am 5ft8' ).  I know if Idid not have surgery I would have likely been 400-500lbs at lest and probably bedridded.  I have a son who weighed 630 at the time of his surgery 4 yrs agol

Point being- you are a nurse. you STILL have your tool.  I still do too.  It takes a whole lot of planning, exercise and good decisions to get off that remaining weight.  YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Do not get discouraged.  Make a plan.  Dededicate yourself.  We are routing for you.  If you still come to this site let us know how you are doing.  All is not lost.  You will be in my prayers tonight, and any others that are downheartened.  This forum needs to get active again.  We all need each others support.  Much success to you!!!!!       always, mandi
Please take my comments the way I meant to convey them.  I fully understand your desire to continue with your journey.  But being 231 beats 350 anyday.  Do give yourself credit for the progress you have made.  Since you are in the medical field, you can use that knowledge to forge ahead.

Each new day is a new beginning to make better choices.  I am currently getting back on track and want my first goal to be 200.  /second  goal is 175, since I am large boned and would look good there.

I am looking forward to good news on your success.  YOU CAN DO THIS!!! you still have your tool.  Please let us know how you are doing.         always, mandi

14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.