Beauty & Cosmetics Community
Anybody know what I can do to get rid of face redness?
I accidentally put retinol and collagen cream on my face and got a bad reaction. The right side of my face is flaky and red. I'm using Aveeno face calming lotion, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've had the redness for a couple of weeks. I really don't want to see a dermatologist.
Even though you don't want to see a dermatologist, that sounds like the best course of action right now since you say the redness has been caused by retinol and collagen cream. retinol is a pretty strong preparation for acne etc., so any side effects must be taken care of. How about leaving the skin as it is, without any soaps, facewashes or creams at all?

I'd really suggest seeing a derm since you don't want more damage