A
A
A
Close
Beauty & Cosmetics Community
1.04k Members
5644233 tn?1371561286

Breast Implants

I am looking to get breast implants. I am a small A and want to be a B or so.  Does anyone know which implant is better to get? How much does it usually cost? How long is the recovery?
Any of these questions will help me make a closer choice :)!
4 Responses
Hi lovepeace53,

I just read your comments. I would reconsider getting any kind of breast
implant. Are you aware that silicone implants can leak ? Yes, you read
this correctly. Silicone implants can burst and leak into your body
and make you really sick. I'm not aware of what other kinds of implants
there are. With breast augmentation ( I think that's the current term)
there is always risk of an infection.  They have sites now where you can
watch a woman having a breast implant. I would suspect it's very painful,
very costly and for what . So you can go from an A to a B or C.
Why not save your money and don't have the procedure. I'm sure you
are a lovely person just the way you are. Make a wise choice.
Don't get breast implants. They're extremely dangerous. Eve
5644233 tn?1371561286
Hi,
Yea, I agree, but implants are different then augmentation. Augmentation is to enhance and move them up. Implants are just to make them fuller. There's silicone and saline implants and I'm trying to see which is better. It's hard for me because there's so many cute things I Want to wear like dresses. Bathing suits. But I can't because I have no boobs lol. They end up being big and falling off.
Surgery is a pretty big deal, and always has risks of infection and death from the anesthesia.  It's rare, but it can happen.  You will also have some sort of scarring, although augmentation leaves fewer than reduction.  Definitely don't go above a C or so--I'm currently a 30GG (was a 30HH at one point), and I will probably have to get a reduction eventually for health reasons.  And if you're skinny with a really large chest, good luck finding any clothing that fits.  So it's good that you want to go with a B.

You can look at websites for plastic surgeons in your area to see what they charge, since your insurance probably won't cover the procedure.  As for recovery, you can probably find detailed blogs and/or youtube diaries of people who have gone through the procedure (they have it for reductions, so I'm assuming the opposite is true).  And you might be able to find a plastic surgeon who will give you a cheap or free consult, but be aware that they make their living by doing surgeries, so they can be a bit biased.  But a good one will let you know the risks as well as the benefits, and will try to help you find something you like.  They should also have books of before and after pictures so you can see what kind of results they get.
5644233 tn?1371561286
This is all good information--thank you! I've had multiple surgeries (I have chronic endometriosis) so I guess I'm use to surgery. I'll deff look around to find someone very good!
Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.