Did I infect my lips by over exfoliating them?

I usually exfoliate using a lip scrub, two nights ago I decided to use a toothbrush along with the brush. The next morning, my lips felt dry, crusty and irritated. Within the next 48 hours my lips became swollen, with lots of tiny blister like bumps on them. My lips are dry and irritated. The bottom lip is red and raw.
Now the puffiness has gone down a bit, but they are still irritated and dry. The bumps/blisters are still there. The bottom and top lines of my lips are starting to itch. What should I expect in the next few hours? Did I infect my lips and do I need professional help?

You are reading content posted in the Beauty & Cosmetics Community