Beauty & Cosmetics Community

What to do about oily skin?

My skin gets really oily a lot. I've tried different cleansers, but all they do is make my face feel really dry and cause it to get oilier. Any tips?

Most skin care products for oily skin have a lot of alcohol in them, specifically SD40 alcohol, which strips the acid mantle from the skin and is very drying which often kicks the sebaceous glands into overdrive so they produce even more oil. You need products which will hydrate the skin without using oils (especially mineral oil) and that don't contain harsh alcohols. I have found products that is fabulous for oily skin. I realize this isn't an advertising forum, so you can visit if you want more info. http://www.beautifulpure.com Organic Skin Care

Good Luck!