Beauty & Cosmetics Community

black lips

Hi, I am a 27-year-old male, currently over the past 12 months both my lips are changing colour to a dark blue\black colour. This is only on my lips and a colour difference is visible comparing to the inside of my mouth.

I do smoke, currently average of 5 per day, i do not drink tea or coffee.

I wish to restore the colour of my lips to the natural "pink" colour they should be. Its a problem as its getting worse now, Can you advise me,  what & how to do??? Is there any products available to help me?

Lastly is this a common problem? its making me feel uncomfortable as people are starting notice this when having a conversation, your help & advice would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks
I don't  know what causes it, but my grandfather also has purple lips. I have seen his wedding photo and they were a lighter purple then, but still darker than "normal." I'm sorry, I don't have any idea what causes it or what to do about it.
Hello ankit,

Dark lips are a common condition in smokers. It depends on the type of substance in the cigarettes and frequency of smoking. If this were the case, stop smoking and it should help.

Dark lips are also commonly associated with liver problems which smoking and drinking may cause. If this were the case you would need to start taking care of your liver. In terms of nutrients take adequate amounts of Vitamin A, B, C and E. Some of the vitamins mentioned will also help your lungs and esophagus. A product commonly used to repair liver is Milk Thistle.

Please note that it may be caused by other factors. For precautionary steps you may try the above.
Drink fresh fruits juice daily  !!! :)