Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

scar on my upper lip HELP!

Help! I am asian, i have fair to olive skin, on my left upper lip area. i use to tweeze my upper lip area and actually there was nothing wrong with my skin i went to a doctor and got a laser treatments to smooth the skin out more. also the first time was fine and i kept doing laser treatments on the same area. I've have done over 10 laser treatments and, 2 chemical peels. now my skin is discolored and has a dent and also left me with a scar!!! what can i do about it? i hate it!!!!

thanks for your help doctor

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
535822 tn?1443976780
Sounds like he over did the procedure , maybe go to another Dermatologist see if he can repair it, and then see if the original one will pay for the repair .good Luck
Helpful - 0
Hello Asian, If you have been plucking your upper lip hair without any problem, you can continue doing so. Be careful when plucking, and don't pluck too far down the upper lip to prevent thick hair from growing on your cheeks. The thick hair will definitely not spread. Plucking may cause redness and rash, but if you have been plucking with no problems, carry on with it. You could also keep practicing threading until you get the hang of it, since threading is easier and quicker than plucking. And Undergo electrolysis to remove upper lip hair. When you have this procedure, the therapist inserts a needle into the hair follicle and sends an electrical current to the hair root that destroys the root. It is expensive, painful and time consuming but can provide permanent hair removal.Thnaks for join with us.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Beauty & Cosmetics Community

Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.