skin care

i am black in complection, i need a help on the best skin care for my skin. thanks.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Does your skin tend towards oily or dry?  Black skin is usually more resistant to wrinkles as it ages than white skin, but other than that, the color matters less than the oily/dry question in terms of treatment (except about the elbows, where it is a good idea to exfoliate often if the skin tends to look "ashy" there).  If your skin tends towards oily, you can use stronger and more astringent soaps (made for the face) and if it breaks out, some of the vitamin A-based products.  If it tends towards dry, use only oil-based soaps or cleansers, like olive-oil based or coconut-oil based products.  I'm sure other ladies on here will write also.
Helpful - 0
Oh, and I forgot, all ladies who care about not having sun damage, which really does cause wrinkling early, should use sunblock on their face, hands, and upper chest (where the necklines of shirts and sweaters show skin).  That upper chest is a dead giveaway on some women, the skin is so thin and it gets damaged for good.  Sunblock is made in formulations for the face (with no or less oil), so again depending on whether your skin tends towards oily or dry, you have options.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Beauty & Cosmetics Community