Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
756668 tn?1287225387

Opinion about haircut

This might sound dumb, so just go with the flow.  : )  Does short hair make you look younger or older...or does it just depend on the person?  Just curious.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
864206 tn?1240170753
I think it depends on the person.  I'm 44, growing in my gray (I am very salt & pepper at this point), and I have very curly hair that's past my shoulders.  That's "long" for me.  I think clothing and what a person does with skincare and makeup contributes to the "aging" look as much or more than hair length.  Also, no sense having longer hair if it will not be maintained to look healthy.  
Helpful - 0
I think it depends on the individual.  If you have an oval face and prominant features like cheekbones and eyes, it can look great.  Otherwise you just look mannish as it can be very severe.
Helpful - 0
I think it depends on the cut!
Helpful - 0
535822 tn?1443976780
I had short cuts years ago I know I looked great , but I think you need it softer, mine is too long my family tell me I should go to shoulder length I know they are right ,cant bring myself to cut it, I do get it trimmed etc every few weeks..everyone one over 50 here wears their hair short they look a bit butch ..but they stay cool and I guess butch is okay.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Beauty & Cosmetics Community

Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.