What treatments might improve skin texture

I am a 30 year old woman and am currently quitting smoking after being a relatively heavy smoker for 15 years.  Just in the last couple of years i have noticed a rapid deterioration of my skin texture and it is beginning to look very aged.  Although i don't have too many deep wrinkles (static wrinkles) my skin seems to have lost much of its elasticity, and has a very dry looking texture and has developed many fine lines that are very apparent with movement and facial expressions.  Are there any treatments that can help me or have i done too much irreversible damage? What can you recommend as the most effective treatments to recover some of the elasticity in my skin without undergoing too much risk?  Is some kind of laser treatment likely to help me? or retinol?  (i have also developed moderate to severe acne which i never had in my teens in the last 2-3 years).
Any suggestions and advice would be really appreciated.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Quitting smoking is the single bestest thing you can do for your skin. Drink lots of water. Some of what you describe sounds like the normal aging process, try exfoliating, moisturizing and I had a friend who had lazer done on her face. Amazing results.
Helpful - 0
Thanks Nicola
I appreciate the suggestion... I'll give it a try :)
Helpful - 0
hi :), you could try a cream with collagen. i have found a brilliant intensive serum in aldi, its cheep  at around £7 and its exellent! it won an award and bet boots protect and profect and at that price tag is a real bargain, u could always have botox but your taking around £300 at least, i would say wait till ur a bit older for botox though, im not sure about lazer treatment but you should try that serum, i have reccomended it to all my family and they love it, u cant even tell its on your skin onse its dryed,
good luck x
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Beauty & Cosmetics Community