Biology, Neurobiology, General Health and Nutrition Community
32 Members

Iron-deficiency anemia

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes....  Back in February 2012 I went to my doctor for a routine follow-up on my BP and some medication changes.  I had been very tired and was having some menstrual "irregularities" so I menitoned that I wondered if I could be anemic.  She thought that it was plausible and ran some bloodwork.  My iron was 74ug/dl despite being on a multi-vitamin with iron.  She suggested adding an iron supplement, so I did.  A couple of weeks ago she ran some additional b/w and my iron had fallen to 51ug/dl even with the iron supplements.  Technically, I'm NOT anemic, but if it falls much more, I will be.  What can cause this?  (BTW, I'm 44, have hypothyroidism, 2 clotting disorders, have asthma, have high BP, and am not yet menopausal.)
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.