Bipolar Disorder Community
4.99k Members
Avatar universal


Anyone here being treated for bipolar disorder and add? If so, how did you find a Dr  that was experienced treating both disorders simultaneously? Any advice would be appreciated.
2 Responses
Avatar universal
The system goes:  first you see a psychologist (they cannot give meds) then you see a psyciatrist (they give meds) then they set up therapy.  You must have insurance coverage (at least to the one I take my child to) but there may be Medicaid coverage so check into that.
Avatar universal
Most psychiatrist have experience treating both since they are both considered "mental disorders".  
Have you been diagnosed with both?  Do you have bipolar 1 or 2?
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Avatar universal
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.