Coping with Music

Since I write music I'm naturally curious about other people's taste in music and other such things and thus I'm curious about how you guys feel about music.  Do any of you listen to music to try to help improve your mood when you're perhaps depressed?  Is it mood appropriate and depressing when you're depressed or is it the exact opposite?  Myself, I find that listening to music that is appropriate to the mood helps the most instead of listening to the exact opposite.
"Crazy" - I love it! - I fished around and found maybe 10 versions by some well known artists - but Gnarls Barkley definitely gets my vote.

Sorry corlenbelspar  - "Comfortably Numb" is a bit depressing for me - isn't it about dying?
Comfortably Numb was about where doctors bust into Pink's hotel room and brought him out of a drug overdose in order to shove him on to stage to perform a concert.  Pink himself was always going through some kind of mental breakdown throughout the album and movie due to traumatic events that kept happening to him.

I always thought "Now I've got that feeling once again, I can't explain, you would not understand, this is not how I am." was one of the best lyrics I ever heard in my life.
corlenbelspar  -  I'll bow to your superior knowlege!

Now..........for a "GET UP AND GO" piece,
how can you go past: Crushing Day by Joe Satriani (world's best guitarist?) - it just gets me up and going! - I'm still trying to figure out how to get it into my alarm clock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbTYs-ajHUk
Hi Farraway.  It would have helped if I'd spelt the guys name properly, lol.  I had a complete blank and went through Giles, Niles ... you get my drift ;-)  I used to sing it in the car with windows down, kids in the back laughing.  

Thanks Narnia :-)  yes that is a good song.

I have to admit to having a love of the vast majority of styles of music.  Here are my all time faves:  (not inc those I've already mentioned).

Every Breath You Take - The Police
Nobody's Diary - Yazoo
The Weakness in Me - Joan Armatrading
Underworld - Born Slippy - This ones makes me high, I jump round like a loony!
Insomnia - Faithless
Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
Mary - Dido
When I'm Gone - Eminem

Oh I could go on and on and on and on .......

Currently listening to Joan Armatrading.
I think Joe Satriani could grow on me!!!  I love guitar.  Who played parisian walkways?  Absolutely adore the guitar solo in that song.
Oooh ooh, Coldplay - which is the song with "when September comes" in the lyrics.  They played that at my son's leaving service (when he left junior school) - oh boy I still sob whenever I hear it!

Ok, folks I promise I'll shush for a bit now :-()

You are reading content posted in the Bipolar Disorder Community