Aa
A
A
A
Close
Bipolar Disorder Community
4.99k Members

Depression or ?

I had brain surgery in aug08. I couldnt even stay in bed after that because I was so hyper and happy. I also got alot of anxiety with it. I was hospitalized in sep09 for suicide threat and they put me on meds. they said I had MD and gave me remeron and zyprexa. I quit both and ever since have had weird mood swings of energized to depression where i cant even eat for days. was the high energy anxiety phase only caused by the surgery and would it last a year? also the surgery was for seizures in the right temporal lobe that came with fear auras.
1 Responses
585414 tn?1288944902
Of course discontinuing medications would bring back a return in symptoms but if this started after a brain operation the cause may very likely be neurological so it would be best to set up a consultation with a neurologist and they could then work with a psychiatrist to decide what to do from there. You could also post in the neurology forum for an informed answer by the staff neurologist.
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.