Bipolar Disorder Community

Haven't Slept for 2 months-HELP!

I have not been able to sleep for 2 months-only about 3 hours a night. I'm a walking zombie. I was given Restoril 30mg. Took 5 and woke up 2 hours later. I was also given Ambien CR but it doesn't even knock me out. Also tried Lunesta-nothing.
I think I've been manic for 2 months and all I'm on is a starter does of Lamicatal and 4 days on Abilify. Does anyone have a suggestion I can bring up with my doc? He says once my mood levels out-I'll sleep but how long is too long. When I wreck my car and hurt someone.
I've heard or seroquel for sleep as well as something that starts with a T. Any suggestions would be great.
Oh-yes I work out 5 days a week, no sugar in my diet, and I've always lived a healthy lifestyle so I'm confused about sleep. I'm about to take 10 benadryl to see if that works.
seroquel will make you sleep or get nytol from the store they work for me
I got a script for them and they worked-yeah!! I've slept two nights in a row but I don't like feelin groggy all day but I'm told that will pass after awhile.
Erin
I was in your exact situation with no sleep for months.  First tablet of Serequel put me to sleep for 9hrs.  I still continue to take it (50mgs.) at night for sleep.  
seroquel willknock you out or a handful of 5-htp the latter i do not suggest on any level of course. Seroquel sent me straight into headache mania afterwards though. isuppose we are all different. I am surprised i took them, very low week last week trauma brings on rash actions. Pills are not the way forward. Dark room from 8.30 onwards in silence, think yourself out and drift off.
what is 5-htp?
looking for something for sleep too.
resterial is a joke
serax I have but makes me feel like I am in hangover all day.
Afetr being on 100mg of Seroquel at night for about a month now, my sleep is back to normal and the seroquel is making me feel better, keeping depression at bay. I've been through a rough 2 weeks with some personal things and I came through like a champ. I don't need Restoril or Ambien anymore and I have adjusted to Seroquel so my doc wants me on it for a bit longer.
He explained sleep is crucial to bipolar disorder and ordered my on the Seroquel until otherwise notified. He said if you can get your sleep back on track, sometimes you can avoid meds for sleep which seems to be happening now. If I forget to take it, I still sleep fine.
I know not everyone reacts to Seroquel well, I guess I was just lucky!
Thank you for your input!!
Erin
Thank you for your input!!
Erin
Thank you for your input!!
Erin
5-HTP = Grifona simplificona seed extracts, i think south african derivative, can't recall. Anyhow, they work superbly, though i take only at bed time, they may bring on a depressive phase if you don't balance will stimulant, omega 5 fish oils are helpful also. Yes seroquel is pretty good i may even consider taking them again regularly, we will see, it's going to take a whole research project before i am resolved to a particular type of medication, i am not disposed to roll the dice and try a few things out. No thank you very much. We live but once and my body is particularly sensitive to food/duretics, so pharmacuticals will have to wait.
You know I started it for sleep and it was going to be temporary then after 3 weeks I noticed I was feeling even more together than just being on Abilify alone. My doc was pleased, I was thrilled and so I'm staying on 100mg. at bedtime. I'm surprised I tolerate it because I really sensitive to meds.
I feel so much better, my sleep problems were caused from a brief trial of Geodon-horrible drug for me but others seem to love it. You sound like me being sensitive to anything you put into your body. I'm glad I found something that works. I'm even ready to go back to work now and 3 months ago I was filing for disability,
Thanks so much,
Erin
I'm so pleased to hear you've found a fitting combination, i truly hope the benefits don't wear off and that your content going back to work. Really promising stuff. Take care of yourself.
Jenkins
I would be very cautious with Seroquel. I started at 25 mgs. and increased to 800 mgs. in 3 years time. I had to keep increasing the dose because it started to become ineffective. I quit 6 months ago and have not slept more than 4 hours a night since then. I could handle the first week of withdrawal, but the sleep problem is too much. I have found others to agree that their sleep is totally messed up. No matter what I try, and I have tried everything trust me, I can't sleep well. Be careful with this medication. I wouldn't use it for an extended period of time (more than 3 months) and at a larger dose than what you are taking. I feel it should be illegal.