Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1170671 tn?1263837053

Holiday

I was diagnosed with BP 1 several years ago. I was medicated for three years. I sudently got off them because I felt I was in control. Then during this holiday, my family suffered a loss then my husband found out his family never liked me nor did they wanted me a part of their family. I was rushed to the hopital with panic attacks and prescribed anti anxeity medication. Should I go back on PB medication to minimize my depression before it comes back full force?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1170671 tn?1263837053
LOL! Dr. Jeklyll/Mr. Hyde thats a new one for me.
Helpful - 0
717440 tn?1292743742
I finally get it, too, being off meds and taking them... guess 3 time's a charm, though it could be 4 or 6 by now, lol... either way, I'm starting a tracker and doing research... like I said in a different post, this illness isn't going away so I may as well stop avoiding it :P I also have BP(1) and it's a pain in my neck to try and control this beast... considering how much of a control freak I am, too, LOL, it frustrates me when I'm losing... gotta put Mr Hyde away and get Dr Jekyll back  ;)
Helpful - 0
1170671 tn?1263837053
Yes! I begining to understand the difference with and with-out medication. Im back on anti-depression and have an appointment with my Psy. for BP medication. Thank u for your understanding regarding the family issues.  
Helpful - 0
717440 tn?1292743742
you're not the first person to stop their meds b/c they thought they were "cured" or that things were OK now and didn't need them... I'm guilty of it myself more than once... you HAVE to remember that when the meds work, THEY WORK!! so please keep taking them unless your pdoc says other-wise

I'm sorry to hear about your hard times and your Hubby's family - I can relate to that one
Helpful - 0
1170671 tn?1263837053
Thank u so much for your input. I am strongly thinking about medication. I also started doing Yoga. It helps  
Helpful - 0
585414 tn?1288941302
Stress can worsen anything in a person's life but if you are more stable on medication it would probably be worth it to start it again. Best to speak to a psychiatrist and psychologist as well. A person can easily stabilize on medication and feel that they don't need it because they forget what it was like before they started it. It has happenned to me as well as many people here.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Bipolar Disorder Community

Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.