Aa
A
A
Close

How do I treat bipolar without zombifying myself mentally/emotionally?

Although this is probably another transient thought resulting from a wave of depression, I feel hopeless.

I feel like I need medication to help my bipolar depression and anxiety. But with my highly involved academic and artistic activities, I can't do that to myself. I feel that I must either suffer this way or ruin/zombify myself with cognitively and emotionally dulling medication. I have not heard of a single antidepressant, anti-anxiety medication, or specifically bipolar medication that doesn't cause these symptoms or others such as drowsiness, degraded intellectual activity, short-term memory loss, or hair loss (Lamictal), or otherwise have a fundamental downside such as not being practical for long-term use in the case of most anti-anxiety medication.

As I mentioned, I have more an issue with depression than mania; the mania I encounter is hypomanic and controllable. If I can fix the whole "I'm hopeless and I hate myself and want to die" feeling long-term without dumbing myself down, then I'd be satisfied enough.
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Bipolar Disorder Community Resources
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Blank
Arlington, VA
973741 tn?1342346373
Blank