Aa
A
A
A
Close
Bipolar Disorder Community
5.02k Members

Is tongue numbness a side effect of Lamotrigine?

I’m a 17-year-old girl and I am currently Lamotrigine as a mood stabilizer.  I have been taking it for several months now. I take 200 mg every night and about 10 minutes after taking it I have numbness of my tongue, a funny taste, and feeling in my mouth. This lasts all night and it goes away about an hour after I wake up. During the day I get tired from exerting the smallest force. I’ve also noticed that I space off a lot and, although not often, I experience some confusion. Are these normal side effects of the medication?
1 Responses
1551327 tn?1514045867
COMMUNITY LEADER
How long have these symtoms been present?
Is Lamictal the only medicine you are taking?
How long have you been feeling the tiredness after minimal actiity because that could be something else.
The spacing out could be a problem but my ain concern for you in that is how it will effect your studies.... You are still in school aren't you?
2 Comments
The numbness has happened since I started taking them and the confusion and tiring started about a month in. Yes, Lamictal is the only medication I take and yes, I am still in school. I am in the 11th grade. I space out at random times even in the middle of class, and although it is rare I sometimes space out when I drive.
I forgot I do use another medication called Yaz and it is a daily birth control pill.
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.