Bipolar Disorder Community

Potential for repeat behavior

My daughter, who is 49, has been bipolar for 25 years. In 2005, after being off her medication for almost 45 days, she had an arguement with her 80 year old mother who she had been living with most of her life and ended up pushing her down the stairs. She, my daughter, was arrested for murder, but was found not guilty by reason of insanity. The fear of some others is that she will do it again to them. That is murder them. I tried to explain that not only were the dynamics different, but my daughter is in a far better place relative to taking her meds and understanding the consequences. What are the odds of her harming anyone again? In particular, a family member.
  This would be a concern that would be best discussed with her psychiatrist and potentially a lawyer who specializes in mental health issues. It depends if she continues to understand at all times the need for taking medication as prescribed and regardless violent behavior isn't generally associated with bipolar so it would be essential to receive appropriate counseling as regards this and follow their advice.