Bipolar Disorder Community

Psychotherapy?

Is pschotherapy the same thing as seeing a therapist? I had a really good therapist at one time and he had to move to a different place. The therapist they replaced him with is totally uncaring and weirder than me. What do you do if you cant find a good therapist to talk to?
Psychotherapy is one form of therapy. Therapists vary in their approach the same way like any other professional. If things aren't working out with the one you are seeing you might want to ask for a referral to another one. My psychopharmocologist does talk therapy as well and I've seen him since 1997 and I changed psychiatrists and talk therapist before then all the time so sometimes it takes a while until you find one that you have the right connection with.