A
A
A
Close
Bipolar Disorder Community
5.01k Members
744637 tn?1250803022

Psychotherapy?

Is pschotherapy the same thing as seeing a therapist? I had a really good therapist at one time and he had to move to a different place. The therapist they replaced him with is totally uncaring and weirder than me. What do you do if you cant find a good therapist to talk to?
1 Responses
585414 tn?1288941302
Psychotherapy is one form of therapy. Therapists vary in their approach the same way like any other professional. If things aren't working out with the one you are seeing you might want to ask for a referral to another one. My psychopharmocologist does talk therapy as well and I've seen him since 1997 and I changed psychiatrists and talk therapist before then all the time so sometimes it takes a while until you find one that you have the right connection with.
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.