Aa
A
A
A
Close
Bipolar Disorder Community
5.01k Members
5986700 tn?1380791380

Started taking Latuda a week ago and wondering how long it takes to start working.

It’ giving me gut issues and was hoping that was going to stop soon too
2 Responses
973741 tn?1342342773
Hey there spider.  How is it going?!  So, latuda.  The first thing I can tell you is that you should communicate any side effects to your doctor.  They may work on dosing or he/she may have pointers for you.  You are taking this after a meal or snack?  Important to do so.  Common side effects do include stomach issues, unfortunately. Since there is a range of doses, do they start slow and titrate you up?  How long have you been taking it?  
2 Comments
Hi 8 days so far.  
So, my understanding is that some things take a bit of time.  Did your doctor give you a reference point for that?  I know so often they make adjustments in terms of dose.  Does taking it with food help at all?  
I have been seeing ads about the negative results of Latuda and wonder why it's still on the market.  My 50-+ daughter was given the drug some years ago for bipolarism and now has Parkinson's or tardive dyskinesia - which is permanent!  Her hands shake uncontrollably and she can hardly walk for the weakness in her legs.
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.