Bipolar Disorder Community

Valproate or olanzapine?

I have been taking valpro for about six months and I feel as though all my senses are dulled. I feel neither joy nor sadness nor anything else. Just a flat line. Has anyone else felt like this with their meds?
Yes I did feel that way on Valproate and one reason is because it works better on mania than depression. You could ask your psychiatrist about another mood stabilizer. I personally found Lamictal more tolerable. Zyprexa is an antipsychotic that works as a mood stabilizer. I found it quite sedating and had a problem with weight gain both not uncommon side effects but each person reacts differently to each medication.