Aa
A
A
A
Close
Bipolar Disorder Community
4.99k Members

Will sarafem affect bipolar disorder if im on lamictal?

Im on lamictal right now and currently have really bad pms problems. Im depressed most of the time except for when im on my period then im fine. Then when I start my birthcontrol im depresesd and moody and irritable. I was wondering if sarafem would affect the lamictal and my bipolar symptoms.
1 Responses
547573 tn?1234659310
Namaste,

Interactions between lamictal(lamotrigine) and Sarafem (fluoxetine)

MONITOR: Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects, especially in elderly or debilitated patients.

MANAGEMENT: During concomitant use of these drugs, patients should be monitored for potentially excessive or prolonged CNS and respiratory depression. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring complete mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.

These are the only interactions I could find concerning lamictal and sarfem.

This information is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. It should not be construed to indicate that use of the drug(s) is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Consult your healthcare professional before using any of these drugs.

Michael(Jikan)
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.