A
A
A
Close
Bipolar Disorder Community
4.99k Members
1540869 tn?1351217613

bipolar,add,or just anxiety?

Now I know this is a question I should ask my therapist I have seen a couple therapists and the only diagnosis I've gotten is mood disorder nos. I've thought I've always had add but am not going to dianose myself. I'm not asking for a diagnosis from you guys just an opinion and maybe if you've expeirenced some of the same symptoms.I've been a nervous wreck lately because monday I saw my therapist and I could not look in her in the eye or pay attention , or I would space out and just talk without really being aware of what I was saying because I couldn't pay attention. I felt like a weirdo because my head was hurting so bad that day , and that is why I couldn't really look at her or focous well , I think. Yesterday I had racing thoughts and was very anxious and hyper , just felt like I needed to be doing something , or like I could just go out and do whatever I wanted , I noticed that when I was talking to my boyfriend I didn't want to stop talking it felt good to just talk and talk and talk , I felt full of energy.I have had very suicidal thoughts in the past , but not for a very long time. I am on 75mg of lamictal and 20mg of prozac. My mom has bipolar , I have thought I may also have it but am not sure, because if I am why isn't the lamictal helping slow me down? I could have signs of add , like hard time concentrating and sitting still but that could be a million things . This is weird because I used to have all depressive symptoms , now I feel opposite , maybe starting to surface? Idk help?
1 Responses
2010625 tn?1329375656
It sounds like to me you could be bipolar. It is hereditary and some of the symptoms you describe sounds like what I went through when I was manic. I was diagnosed  with major depressive disorder for years until I got hospitalized then they changed my diagnosis to mood disorder nos and finally to bipolar. I think they diagnose mood disorder nos when they don't know where to put you yet. They probably want to observe your symptoms more before they make a final decision.
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.