Bipolar Disorder Community

zyprexa

I'm scared of zyprexa what is it for
It is an antipsychotic for Bipolar disorder and Schizophrenia.
Zyprexa (olanzapine) is an atypical antipsychotic medication. Exactly how it works is not known. It is thought to work by changing the actions of certain chemicals in the brain.
Zyprexa is used to treat the symptoms of psychotic conditions such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder (manic depression) in adults and children who are at least 13 years old.
Zyprexa is sometimes used together with other antipsychotic medications or antidepressants.

Ziprexa worked really well for me. It was the first time I can ever say my brain was completely quiet. Not muted, I could still feel but I felt at peace. I gained a lot of weight (biggest and more common side effect) and then developed a very rare side effect where my unhealthy cholestol shot through the roof and I had to stop taking it. Nothing I've tried has worked as well since.
I was on Ziprexa for a few months for bipolar and had to stop because of the weight gain.  Couldn't handle it.  I've heard it works well for some though.
I hated zyprexa, it made me sleep constantly and I put on 30 pounds immediately.
Works wonders when mixed with Prozac for Bipolar depression.... If you like gaining 35 lbs in just a few months, that is. Too bad, too, or I'd still be taking it.