Birds Community
393 Members

Budgie noise, what does it mean?

I have a budgie called alfie, around 12 weeks old. He makes various noises obviously, but i was just wondering when they chirp like most budgies do, what does it mean? Happiness? Unhappy?

And i was talking to him and i said 'ch ch ch ch'     and then he started making this very loud noise like a croaky noise and flapping his wings and flying about, does annyone know what that means?    Does he like it or no?

DOes anyone have a budgie that makes that croaky noise?

thanks, x
Hi Laura ! Sometimes , my bird makes the croaky noise too , but I guest its ok .
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.