What age do Sun Conure start to mate?

I have a Sun Conure & Jenday Conure that I adopted about 2 yrs ago. I was told Pebbles my Sun Conure was about 2yrs old when I adopted her and Harley the jenday I was told was 6 months old. So Pebbles should be about 4yrs old and Harley should be about a little over 2 yrs old. They always been in the same cage since I adopted them from diff. homes. I was told that Pebbles was a Female because she already laid eggs. Harley they thought he was a male. Well, They are always mating infront of me and anyone in the living room. They  mate like 3 times a day. But I never seen any eggs. What age do they start Producing eggs. I was thinking Maybe Harley is too Young. They are very bonded. You can not seperate them at all. That is how close they are. Do birds that are the same sex try to mate if very bonded to each other? I have a Nesting box in the cage only because when I got Pebbles I was told to leave a box in her cage because she is very attached to a box and if you take it away she gets upset. Pebbles and Harley are always in the box mating too. I do have other pet birds but they dont have another mate in their cages. Thanks for reading and let me know what u think.
I found plenty of information on line about breeding Sun Conures if you need it. It seems that the smaller variety are ready at age 2, the larger at 3 or 4 years. The article brought up some good points though. If the parents reject the babies for whatever reason, are you prepared to hand feed them? Do you know how, have the right feeding equipment and diet? Also, do you have potential good homes lined up for the babies? And is the cage big enough for a breeding pair and babies?

Just some things to consider before the birds get too busy.

And there is a test that can be done to sex your bird. But only a vet can do it.
Thanks Ireneo for your Advice.Yes, I Do know how to Hand feed Birds. I have done it with some of My Pet Birds I got from a Breeder. My Sun Conures Cage is Big enough for a Large Cockatoo or Macaw. I believe any pet Bird should Have alot of room in their Cages to Move, Play & exercise. And any cage should be big enough for the Bird to Spread out their wings when Needed. I had my CAG tested for the sex. I have had birds since I was 13 and I am 34 now. WOW! I am Getting Old! LOL! I really dont care If my Sun conure does not breed. I was just wondering Because They are always Mating . They are in my Living room so I see them doing it all the time.  And I just have not ssen any eggs. I have had them for a little over 2 yrs now and they started mating last year. . I even help my Breeder I got my CAG from Hand feeding when she has TOO Many Babies that Hatched all at the Same time. I take some to my house. When Needed. I just Love Animals.
Sounds like a good set up then. Give them time. Perhaps they're just bonding in a very special way. Whoo-hoo!  Happy birds to you.   irene
I have a Green Cheek Conure who is about 4 maybe 5yrs old and he has never had a mate. About a year ago he started to (what we call or assume) hump his bed and everything that felt like that material..I know that with him not being with a mate for this long could be bad if i put him with a female but would it be a good idea..Or at least how do i get him to stop!! Its is really starting to get bad. If i touch him to pet him that what he wants to do...i really need help on this and the Vet just wants to tell me he'll grow out of it! It dont seem like it to me..anyone have and answers?

If you have any information that could help me please email me at ***@**** anything could help!
It's just a natural urge and they don't have the same inhibitions that we do. I worked for a short time at an avian clinic and saw a cockatoo doing interesting things with a piece of broccoli. I asked about it (silly me) and she told me what he was doing. Was I ever embarrassed! But without a mate, they do what they do. It bothers us more than them.
Thank you for telling me something..At least I know its not a BAD thing for him to be doing..he just seems to do it way to offten..I guess I should contact a bird friendly vet to see what they think about me putting him with a mate after so long of him just having me! If anyone else has any info I should wouldnt mind it either!

You are reading content posted in the Birds Community

Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.