Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

introduction of new bird!

Tonight I bought a companion for my six month old Parakeet Juicy, the new one is female, shes a little bit smaller than Juicy. I have the new one in her own cage for now but when I let Juicy out of her cage they went right for each other. When can I let them move in together and how do I go about it???? They are sooo adorable!!  Thanks for any help/advice!!   aheart:)
2 Responses
187666 tn?1331173345
I can't really help you with that. I work with wild birds and we don't usually put them together with the exception of songbirds that go into a large flight cage before release. I just wanted to say your new bird is very pretty. At work I hear my Tundra Swan misses me. Not really but they're having trouble handling him. I'll see him on Friday.
Thanks for your comment Irene, what interesting work you have, I'd love to work with animals in some capacity, Although sometimes the kids on my school bus act like animals! LOL  Merry Christmas  aheart:)
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Birds Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.