Birth Control question?

I just switched my BC pill this morning. I looked at the package insert for both my old pill and new pill, and they both said that when switching pills, to take the 21 active pills, and the 7 inactive placebos and then to resume the new pack on your normal date and time which is exactly what I did.

Since it does NOT say backup is required when switching if you follow that method, does that mean I am still fully protected and do not require backup?

I've been on BC for almost a year by the way.
I switched from Microgestin to the NuvaRing and back, and I asked my doctor about switching.  So long as you finish the pack, have your break, and start when you're supposed to you should likely be covered.  I would ask your doctor or pharmacist to be safe, but typically, the brochures attached to pill packs are pretty specific.

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community