Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Birth control stsrt day switch

Hi there, I have been on Alysena21 birth control for 5 months now, Wednesday start date. Due to circumstances, I want to change my start date to Saturday's. I am currently on my no pill week, and am not sure if I should start the new pack next Saturday (4 days late) or start the new pack on Wednesday and jump right into the new pack the following month, therefore skipping a few at the end to ensure the start day of my choosing. Any insight would be appricated!
The only way to do this safely, meaning not getting pregnant from it, if you're going to skip four days and start a new pack on Saturday, is for you to use condoms for at least 2 weeks (I'd make it 3 just to be on the safe side) to ensure that you're protected again by the pill after skipping days.

But no matter how you do it, any time you mess with the timing of your pill you should use condoms for at least 2 weeks minimum afterwards in order to keep the protection. If you're not willing to use condoms or better yet abstain from sex for those 2 weeks then you will risk getting pregnant. If you think you're in a place right now where you can afford to get pregnant then don't worry about it. But if you want to avoid it then you need to use additional protection.

Also don't be surprised if you get breakthrough bleeding or spotting when you do this. Any time you skip doses or mess with the daily dose you're going to have breakthrough bleeding or spotting as a result.