Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Birth control

My  boyfriend and i are sexualy active, we have sex while im on my period if the flow isnt heavy. im on birth controll but stopped taking it monday so i could get my period this week. it came tuesday night my boyfriend and i had sex on the saturday, once everything was done, he pulled out and we both reliezed that the condom had broke and he had cam in side me, i start taking my pill monday will i get pregnant or should i get the after pill ?? Help! I dont know if i should be worried or not ????
Any unprotected intercourse can result in pregnancy. The chances are high during fertile period. In a woman with normal menstrual cycles the week before and week after menses is considered as a safe period since the chance of conceiving during this time is less .The best chances of conceiving are from some 5 days before until 1 to 2 days after ovulation.  A sperm can live for up to 5 days in the uterus and that is why a woman can get pregnant if they ovulate within 5 days after intercourse. In your case if you have been taking birth control pills regularly there are no chances of conceiving. This is only an advice and not a substitute for medical examination. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause. Keep me posted with more queries. Hope it helped.
Best wishes and regards!