Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Bleeding during birth control

I got on APRI birth control at the beginning of January (1/6) and will be in fact starting my third packet today.
Since starting the birth control I have decided to skip the sugar pills and just go onto a new packet with active pills in order to have control over my period since I have some events to go to within the next few months.
For the past two weeks I have been bleeding. It's not as intense as a period but its also not light enough that I would call it spotting necessarily.
I just wanted to make sure that this was normal since I did i fact decide to skip sugar pills in order to regulate my period and this is just my body reacting to it since its the first time.

Thanks.