Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Bleeding from the first depo shot what should I do?

I got my first depo shot January 9 started spotting on the 13th of February (only spotted for that one day). Bleeding started back up on the 18th it is now February 27 and I'm still bleeding.  I'm so worried what should I do? I'm not taking the shot no more. If I go back on the birth control pill would that stop the spotting/bleeding ?
Hello and hope you are doing well.
Depo-Provera injection contains the active ingredient medroxyprogesterone acetate. It disrupts the menstrual cycle. It also causes irregular bleeding or spotting, heavy or prolonged bleeding, or your menstrual bleeds to stop altogether. Since you have been having menstrual bleeding that is heavy or prolonged you should inform your doctor. This is merely an advice and not a substitute of clinical examination. Consult your attending doctor. Take care!