A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.47k Members
648296 tn?1235934418

Can I be pregnant?

I have been taking Femcon birth control pills for a couple months for my ovarian cysts. I stopped taking it after 3 months and then I started taking it again. I was on my first month, 2nd week when I had sex with my boyfriend and he ejaculated inside of me, but I was supposed to take my pill at 4:00 and I forgot it. I took it 6 or 7 hours late and my friend told me that counts as a missed pill. I haven't gotten my period yet and it is worrying me. They were irregular but the pills make them regular. What do you think my chances of pregnancy are?
2 Responses
779811 tn?1278364363
it can be nothing maybe your period is late...there is a high risk that if you dont take the pill at around the same time or you miss to take alot of pills yes there is a risk that you get pregnant 6 and 7 hours late its a little too much that you should taken it about 4.00 .... well my suggestion is that you make a pregnance test that you buy from the pharmacy and you see from there if this dont convence you make a blood test at your family doctor

from stephanie
737515 tn?1252552423
you have 24 hours to take your missed dose. It is not considered missed unless its been 24 hours . Though it is optimal to take the pill at the exact same time. I think you are fine. That is simply my opinion though. You have not been taking the pill long though and I do believe most doctors recommend you use a backup method for at least 2 weeks of the birth control...

get a pregnancy test just to be safe.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.